Expert advice from the hair loss professionals at Este Medical on how to maintain and promote healthy hair growth naturally and with professional hair growth treatments like PRP, PRF, and laser light hair growth therapy.
Everybody wants soft beautiful hair that shines and gets compliments. However, as we get older hair loss for both men and women can become an issue. Hair loss can happen for many reasons besides ageing, including hair loss conditions like alopecia, male pattern baldness, PCOS, and menopause for example.
If you are dealing with hair breakage, hair thinning, and hair loss in general, then see our professional hair loss advice on how to promote hair growth. Find out how to achieve and maintain healthy, lush hair with natural and science-backed methods to improve hair growth.
Proven & Effective Hair Growth Treatments
Este Medical is known for hair restoration and hair transplant treatments; our Este Turkey clinic in Istanbul is renowned for hair loss treatments.
Before we dive into how you can encourage hair growth naturally, let's cover the most successful ways you can increase hair growth by having professional hair loss treatments.
Here are the best hair loss treatments you can have at a hair loss clinic like Este Medical.
- PRF (platelet-rich fibrin) hair loss therapy (i-PRF)
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Mesotherapy for hair loss
- Laser hair growth therapy
These treatments are for all genders, and you can have them at any age — the sooner the better! These UK hair loss treatments are available at an Este Medical clinic near you.
Book an Este hair loss consultation and ask about our *special 10% off deal on PRP and PRF treatments.
If you are researching how to encourage hair growth, then come to Este Medical Group for a free hair growth consultation!
What Helps Hair Growth?
Besides having professional hair treatments, there are several natural ways to increase your hair growth and prevent hair breakage and hair damage. Here are our expert tips on lifestyle changes, vitamins and foods that will promote healthy, natural hair growth.
Here are lifestyle changes and tips that can help with natural hair growth:
- Limit Tight Hair Accessories: Avoid using tight hair ties and hair accessories that can cause stress on your hair and scalp (see traction alopecia).
- Avoid Excessive Heat: Reduce the use of hot styling tools, and when you do use them, apply a heat protectant.
- Don’t Overwash: Washing your hair too frequently can strip it of natural oils.
- Beware of Harsh Chemicals: Minimise the use of harsh chemicals like relaxers and perms, as they can weaken and damage your hair.
- Manage Stress: Chronic stress can lead to hair loss (see telogen effluvium). Practice stress-reduction techniques like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises.
- Get To Sleep: Getting enough quality sleep is essential for overall health, including hair growth. Aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night.
What Foods Help Hair Growth?
How to promote hair growth with food! Eating a balanced whole foods diet, rich in nutrients, can promote healthy hair growth. Here are some food suggestions that support hair growth:
- Vitamin D-Rich Foods: Vitamin D is important for hair follicle cycling. Fatty fish, fortified dairy products, and exposure to sunlight can help boost your vitamin D levels.
- Selenium-Rich Foods: Selenium is an essential mineral that can support a healthy scalp. Brazil nuts, fish, and whole grains are good sources of selenium.
- Collagen-Rich Foods: Collagen is a protein that provides structure to hair. You can find collagen in bone broth, chicken, fish, and collagen supplements.
- Biotin-Rich Foods: Biotin, also known as vitamin H, is a B-vitamin that is important for hair growth. Foods rich in biotin include eggs, nuts, whole grains, and dairy products.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These healthy fats can help support a healthy scalp and hair. Sources of omega-3 fatty acids include fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines, as well as flaxseeds, chia seeds, and walnuts.
Remember that a balanced diet, rather than focusing too much on individual foods or supplements, is the best way to promote hair growth.
What Vitamins Help Hair Growth?
Here are key vitamins that can support hair growth:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B-complex
- Folic Acid
Food and vitamins are essential for hair health because they provide necessary nutrients and building blocks for strong, shiny, and thick hair. If you are looking for a nutrient-rich boost to help with hair growth, then book a consultation to talk about the benefits of IV Drip Therapy!
What Is Good For Hair Growth And Thickness?
Promoting hair growth and thickness involves a combination of a healthy lifestyle, proper hair care and periodic hair loss treatments, as well as the intake of specific hair growth nutrients. Here are factors that are good for hair growth and thickness:
- Eat a Balanced Diet
- Invest in Scalp Health (see PRP scalp injections)
- Have Regular Hair Trims
- Practise Gentle Hair Care
- Self-Care is Stress Management
- Always Be Hydrating
- Try Hair Growth Supplements
- Devote Time to Preventative Hair Loss Treatments
Choose Este Medical For A Holistic Approach To Hair Care & Hair Loss Prevention
We hope that we have answered your questions on how to increase hair growth and maintain good hair. For the best long-term results we strongly recommend a holistic approach to hair care.
For example, a holistic hair care plan may involve changing your diet, increasing your sleep, upgrading your hair care products, having more regular hair cuts, and booking periodic PRP or PRF hair injections along with laser hair growth treatments for the best results.
A holistic approach to hair care involves treating your hair as part of your overall well-being, considering physical, emotional, and lifestyle factors that impact your hair and scalp health.
If you are struggling with hair loss, or maintaining a healthy head of hair, then book a hair care consultation to discuss how to help hair growth. Este Medical Group is considered the leading expert on hair loss and hair regrowth treatments, so take the opportunity to have a free hair care consultation with one of our Este hair loss experts!
October 26, 2023