Movember was started in 2003 by two male friends who wanted to bring attention to men’s health issues by challenging other men to grow a moustache for the month.
This annual event raises awareness of a wide range of men's health issues from mental health to prostate and testicular cancer.
As an authority in hair restoration treatments, Este Medical Group has a significant connection to Movember or Men's Health Awareness Month.
If you are a man who has ever suffered from hair loss, then you know that male hair loss can have a profound impact on mental and emotional health.
Hair loss can have a negative effect on a man's mental health, which can result in a range of emotional, psychological, and physical challenges.
Here are ways hair loss can affect mental health and decrease life satisfaction in men.
- Decreased Self-Esteem: Hair loss can lead to a decline in self-esteem and self-confidence. Men often feel less attractive, which can affect self-worth adversely.
- Depression and Anxiety: Hair loss can trigger feelings of depression and anxiety, as men struggle with the emotional impact of balding or thinning hair.
- Social Anxiety: Men with hair loss can become more self-conscious in social situations, particularly when dating.
- Body Image Concerns: Hair loss can lead to dissatisfaction with one's physical appearance, contributing to negative body image and a decline in physical health.
- Reduced Quality of Life: The emotional distress caused by hair loss can lead to a decreased overall quality of life, affecting personal relationships, work performance, and daily activities.
- Impact on Identity: A full head of hair is seen as a symbol of youth and vitality. Losing hair may challenge one's sense of identity, and also make you look older than you are.
- Avoidance Behaviours: Men with hair loss may resort to avoidance behaviours, such as avoiding swimming, windy environments, and other activities that expose their balding scalp to hide the fact they are losing hair.
Este Supports The Movember Campaign For Male Mental & Physical Health
At Este Medical we have a long history of helping men recover from hair loss and regrowing their hair successfully. We know from experience the positive impact hair restoration (e.g., male hair transplant) has on male mental health. We have heard many times from male clients that they wished they had addressed their hair loss sooner, or that after an Este hair transplant self-confidence has been restored.
This is why it is so important for men experiencing mental health consequences, as a result of hair loss, to seek support, whether through counselling or discussing professional hair loss treatment options with hair care experts like Este Medical.
There are many effective hair regrowth treatments and hair care strategies available to address male hair loss and its associated physical, mental, and emotional challenges.
Find an Este Medical hair loss clinic near you to discuss how Este can help you regain your self-esteem and confidence through proven hair restoration and hair care treatments (PRP hair injections, PRF, laser hair therapy, FUE transplant…).
Book a free hair loss consultation with Este Medical Group today!
November 7, 2023