Aftercare hair transplant is an extremely important part of the hair transplant process, and when you choose Este you are assured of both expert pre and post-hair transplant care right here in the UK.
To help you understand all the ins and outs of aftercare for FUE hair transplant, we’ve put together this handy guide.
Aftercare of Hair Transplant
Having a hair transplant is a highly in-depth process. At Este we work with the best surgeons in Turkey to ensure your procedure is a success. So, when it comes to the aftercare following hair transplant that we provide at Este back in the UK, it’s vital that we continue the utmost level of care.
Hair Transplant Aftercare Shampoo
At Este, we want to empower you to be able to get the absolute best from your hair transplant. That’s why we’ve created two informative videos to show you the process for the best hair transplant aftercare shampoo. You’ll see how vital it is that you shampoo your new hair following the hair transplant aftercare instructions, and by being -
- Gentle and careful
- Using a non-pressurized flow of water
- Using the Este mousse as described
Hair Transplant Aftercare Tips
Aftercare of your hair transplant is just as important to the success of your new hair growth as the actual transplant procedure itself. So, to help you on your way, here are some important tips to ensure the best aftercare for your hair transplant.
- Sleep with your head elevated – it is advisable to be cautious when it comes to sleeping. Of course, getting as much as possible is beneficial for the healing process, but make sure you avoid sleeping on your tummy or side as it could add stress to the transplant area. Keeping your head elevated will help reduce any swelling, too.
- Don’t drive for 24 hours after your hair transplant – if you’ve been sedated as part of your hair transplant procedure, you’ll need to let someone else do the driving so as to allow any residual sedatives to leave your body.
- Avoid strenuous exercise – you need to keep your heart rate and blood pressure low post treatment, so any rigorous exercise needs to be avoided. A brisk walk or a little yoga are great options for healthy exercise you can do during your hair transplant aftercare period.
- Abstain from alcohol for five days post-treatment – alcohol is dehydrating and can also raise your blood pressure levels so it’s important that you steer clear of it.
- Don’t wear a hat – during your FUE hair transplant aftercare, make sure not to wear any headgear. It could rub on the hair transplant area and cause unwanted stress to your new implants.
- Drink plenty of water – water is an essential part of your FUE hair transplant aftercare. Drink plenty pre-op and post-op and you’ll aid your recovery and ensure you are best placed for ensuring you get the best out of the whole process.
- Avoid the sun – one of the best aftercare for hair transplant tips there is, is to avoid the sun. The sun can penetrate to deep layers of your skin and epidermis, so it’s vital to avoid it while you’re healing. Two weeks post-treatment is a good amount of time to stay out of it, and when you are ready to get back in the sun, make sure you apply a high SPF sun cream to your scalp.
The Last Word
Aftercare following hair transplant is essential in your healing process. At Este we work hard to ensure you are well informed, well cared for, and expertly treated from the very start of your hair transplant journey to the very end.
Let us look after you as you transform your hair and get the look you’ve so longed for. We can’t wait to see the new you!