Acne is a condition that both men and women of all ages will experience at some point in their life. Acne causes spots and it can sometimes cause skin to be hot and painful to touch. This can be due to hair follicles which are trapped with dead skin cells and oils and they appear as spots, whiteheads and blackheads. Teenagers are typically those who suffer most with acne, but acne can affect those older too.
Acne can appear in many different forms and can be caused for many reasons.
- Blackheads are a common form of mild acne and is often more frequent with those who have oily skin it usually affects the nose, forehead and chin (T-zone).
- Whiteheads are similar to blackheads, whiteheads are basically clogged pores, formed when excess oil and dead skin cells block the opening of the pore.
- Pustules are the red bumps with white pus.
- Cysts are large painful pimples. They look very similar to pustules but are bigger, more painful and can sometimes cause itchiness.
- Papules are red spots - These spots don’t have a head and can appear as red bump on the skin.
One size doesn't fit all when it comes to treating acne breakouts and acne scarring. That's why we provide in-depth consultations first to assess what combination of treatment we may use. This can include laser treatment, at-home skincare, peels or some combination of this and more.