Adult acne is common, but fortunately, due to advances in beauty technology, it’s much easier to deal with than it used to be. If adult acne is bugging you, and you want to find out the best options for adult acne treatment, then we’ve pulled together a handy guide of everything from best skincare products for adults with acne to the top in-salon treatments to help banish those break-outs. Here’s what we discovered…
Adult Acne Causes
Common causes of acne in adults are different from person to person. While one person may be dealing with adult hormonal acne, another may be suffering a break-out of adult back acne due to stress, diet, skin irritation, blocked pores, or because of a medication they’re taking. Some triggers are easy to spot, but others take a little more digging.
If you’re suddenly dealing with adult acne on the lower half of your face for instance, and you’ve recently spent a lot of time wearing a face mask, then it’s quite easy to make the connection. Getting to the root of adult hormonal acne is a slightly more in-depth process. However, it doesn’t mean you can’t address the acne that is presenting itself on your body.
Best at Home Acne Treatments
If you’ve ever spent time looking at acne products, you’ll know how many there are to choose from. However, you don’t always need to spend a wad of cash when it comes to treating spots. That’s because there are some great natural cures for adult acne – using things you might already have at home. You could try -
- Diluted apple cider vinegar (1 part vinegar to 3 parts water) and use it as an astringent – it’s PH balanced and is great at killing bacteria
- Yoghurt and raw honey is fab if you want to soothe your skin and reduce redness
- Tea tree oil – simply apply one drop to the area you want to treat and repeat three times a day
Best Off-the-Shelf Adult Acne Products
Shops are stocked full of products boasting acne-blitzing benefits. With so many available it can be hard to figure out just what you should be looking for. If you want to get rid of adult acne, treat your skin to a product that aims to deliver. Here’s our pick of ones to look out for -
- It’s vital to tackle dry skin even if you think your skin is overly oily, that’s because dead skin can block pores. We think the best moisturiser for adults with acne is La Roche Posay’s Effaclar Duo+ Anti-Blemish moisturiser
- CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser – it’s great at getting rid of grime and packs 4% benzoyl peroxide to help clear an adult acne breakout
- Don’t let spots get you down – whack a Hydro-Star sticker on them and get out there. These little Starface stickers are hydrocolloid patches that protect your spot, prevent you from picking, and help absorb fluid. They’re cute too!
Best In-Clinic Acne Treatments
If you feel like you’ve bought every product known to mankind and you’re still wondering how to get rid of adult acne, it’s time to take things up a notch. Everything from adult cystic acne and adult acne scars can be targeted with a high tech in-salon treatment at Este or a dermatology clinic. What’s more, some of these treatments can be enjoyed as often as once a week so you can really feel like you’re giving your skin the TLC it deserves. You could try -
- Pixel Laser Resurfacing
- Carbon Laser Facial Peel
- Dermalux LED Therapy
- Azelan Acne Peel
- The Magic Needle
- ClearSkin Laser
- Facial Mesotherapy
As what causes adult acne isn’t the same for each individual, if you’re considering an in-salon treatment for your skin, it’s always best to think through your options. At Este you can enjoy a free no-obligation consultation to determine which treatment would be best for you. For instance, if you want to get rid of adult acne scars, then our Pixel Laser Resurfacing treatment can deliver great results. Collagen production is promoted so that any uneven skin surface can be smoothed out over time. If you want a treatment that targets multiple concerns, then the HydraFacial may be beneficial. This great all-rounder cleanses and exfoliates using cutting-edge technology. A HydraFacial is a great option if you want to keep on top of your skin health as you can enjoy weekly sessions.
There’s no denying that adult acne is a pain, but you don’t have to put up with it. Thanks to superb advances in technology, the treatments available at skin clinics are able to send acne packing, and you feeling your best again.