Living with unattractive crooked yellow teeth can lead to shyness, low self-esteem, and a lack of confidence because you are embarrassed to show your teeth at work or in social situations.
Oral health issues (like gingivitis) and aesthetic issues (like chipped teeth) can have a negative effect in many situations, for instance when dating, in job interviews, and meeting new clients. Even some friends and relatives will comment about your bad breath and wonky teeth in an effort to get you to seek professional help.
Professional tooth whitening and dental veneers are two of the best ways to improve yellow looking teeth.
There are easily accessible cosmetic dental solutions to improve oral health and the appearance of yellowing teeth and crooked yellow teeth. Find out how you can improve the appearance of your smile, and how to get rid of yellow teeth with professional cosmetic dentistry.
The Best Treatment For Yellow Crooked Teeth
The best treatment for yellow, crooked teeth depends on individual goals, and how healthy the gums and jawbone are. The number one way to treat yellow teeth is by practising good dental hygiene on a daily basis and by having regular dental cleanings that target plaque and tartar buildup.
Good Oral Hygiene Tips:
Daily dental hygiene practices are essential for maintaining the results of any tooth treatment (see teeth whitening). Brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups are important for keeping teeth healthy and preventing further tooth discoloration.
Why are my teeth yellow when I brush them everyday?
Yellowing of teeth can occur even when you brush them regularly, despite good hygiene: for example, consuming staining foods and drinks, smoking, enamel wear, plaque and tartar buildup, some medications, and experiencing tooth trauma that leads to permanent discoloration may all have a negative impact.
Here are several effective cosmetic dental treatment options to consider if you have yellow, crooked, or problem teeth:
- If your primary concern is teeth discoloration, then professional teeth whitening is an effective solution.
- Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or composite material that are custom-fit to cover the front surface of your teeth. They can effectively mask both discoloration and some minor misalignments like crooked teeth.
- For severely discoloured, crooked or damaged teeth, dental crowns may be the best solution. Crowns are put over the entire tooth, providing both strength and an improved appearance.
- This type of tooth bonding involves applying a tooth-coloured resin material to the teeth, which can be shaped and polished to improve their appearance. This is often used for minor cosmetic issues (e.g., yellowing teeth).
Combination of Dental Treatments:
- In some cases, a combination of tooth treatments may be required to achieve the desired results. For instance, you may need both crowns and veneers to address discoloration and larger misalignment issues.
The best way to find out which cosmetic treatment is best suited to your particular teeth issues is to have an Este UK dental consultation.
How To Fix Crooked Teeth Without Braces?
There are alternatives to braces. Fixing crooked teeth without traditional braces is possible through various orthodontic and cosmetic dental treatments. The most suitable method depends on the severity of the misalignment. If not very severe you can try dental veneers and perhaps a combination of veneers and dental crowns (also see composite bonding below).
It's important to consult with a dentist or orthodontist for a professional assessment of your teeth to determine the best treatment plan.
Who are celebrities with crooked teeth?
We just did a blog post about how to achieve a red-carpet smile and mentioned celebrities we love who have a wonky smile!
Having cute wonky teeth like Madonna, Kate Moss, or Keira Knightley are one thing if you are a celebrated personality, but if you think your bent teeth or a crooked tooth is holding you back from personal success, then you might want to consider a bit of cosmetic dentistry to sort it out.
What Is Composite Bonding On Crooked Teeth?
Composite bonding on crooked teeth is a cosmetic dental procedure used to improve the appearance of misaligned or crooked teeth. As mentioned above, it involves the application of a natural-coloured resin material to the surface of the teeth, to make them look straighter and more aesthetically pleasing.
This type of crooked tooth treatment is a quick and cost-effective way to enhance the appearance of crooked teeth, fill in tooth gaps, and address other minor imperfections (e.g., bent tooth, squint teeth, wonky teeth). It is an excellent option for men and women who want a non-invasive and affordable solution to improve the look of their smile. Contact Este Medical for your free UK dental treatment consultation.
What Causes Crooked Teeth?
As discussed above, there are several causes of yellow teeth (e.g., diet, smoking, enamel wear, plaque buildup…). Simarlily, when it comes to crooked teeth the causes range from genetics to lifestyle and environmental factors too.
The specific causes of crooked teeth can vary from person to person, but here are common reasons for crooked teeth:
- Genetics: Heredity plays a role in determining the size and shape of a person's jaw, as well as the arrangement of teeth. If your family has a history of bad teeth alignment, it's more likely that you will also experience crooked teeth.
- Jaw Size and Shape: The size and shape of the jawbone can affect how teeth align. A small jaw with insufficient space for teeth to emerge can lead to teeth crowding and tooth misalignment.
- Early Life Habits: Certain habits, such as thumb-sucking and tongue thrusting can disrupt the development of the oral structures and contribute to crooked teeth.
- Injury and Tooth Trauma: Physical injuries to the face or jaw can disrupt the alignment of teeth.
- Dental Problems: Issues like tooth decay, gum disease, and abnormal tooth development can influence the alignment of teeth.
- Breathing Issues: Chronic mouth breathing, often due to nasal congestion, can alter the development of the jaw and lead to crooked teeth over time (see rhinoplasty and septoplasty treatment).
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during pregnancy or puberty, can impact the alignment of teeth.
Fix Crooked Teeth & Whiten Your Smile With Este Cosmetic Dental Treatments in Turkey
Este Medical offers a range of dental treatments, from dental veneers, dental implants to teeth whitening and dental crowns. Our Este dentists in Turkey can fix crooked teeth, broken teeth, gaps between teeth, as well as reshape and whiten your teeth.
If you are ready to smile while showing your teeth, and want to put an unattractive smile behind you, then make an appointment to makeover your smile!
Choose Este Medical in Turkey for the best cosmetic dentistry work.
October 31, 2023