Hair loss can be extremely upsetting – whether it’s a sudden experience or something that’s happened gradually over time.
There are multiple reasons as to why hair loss can happen and in this guide we look at reasons behind hair loss, symptoms to look out for, and how to prevent hair loss. Hair loss happens in both men and women.
What is Male-Pattern Baldness?
Male pattern-baldness or hair loss in men comes down largely to your genes and your male sex hormones. Men usually notice that their hair is becoming thinner around the crown, and their hairline is receding. As time goes on, this general thinning can turn into baldness due to hair follicles shrinking. As the hair follicle continues to shrink so does the hair growth and ultimately new hair growth stops altogether.
What is Female-Pattern Baldness?
Hair loss in women can fall down to -
- Or a combination of all three
In women, female-pattern baldness sees the hair take on a steadily thinning appearance, but with the natural hairline maintained. Female hair loss – or alopecia – can be sudden or it can happen more gradually over time.
What are the Symptoms and Signs of Hair Loss?
If you’re worried you may be experiencing excessive hair loss, then here are a few symptoms you can look out for to determine whether your hair loss is unusual.
- Patchy hair loss – you may notice thinner patches of hair on your head, they may have a circular appearance
- Hair that is gradually thinning – this is usually nothing to worry about as we all lose hair as we age
- Hair that loosens suddenly, in a clump
What are the Causes of Hair Loss?
Hair loss can be caused by many different factors. Some of the most common hair loss causes include -
- Stress hair loss
- Menopause hair loss
- Post pregnancy hair loss
- Hormonal imbalance
- Hereditary hair loss
- Wearing your hair in tight, pulled-back hairstyles
- Hair extension
How to Help Prevent Hair Loss
Hair loss treatment has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and if hair loss is a concern, then there are many options you can now try. If you’re only mildly concerned and perhaps you’re experiencing itchy scalp and hair loss, then you could try a shampoo.
We think the best shampoo for hair loss available at the moment is our own range that's packed full of natural ingredients to work to stimulate the hair follicles.
We also offer a seriously lightweight serum that works to max out the appearance of hair to give it a fuller, thicker finish. It’s received great reviews from people suffering from hair loss.
You could also try a vitamin for hair loss.
Hair Loss Clinic Treatment
Hair loss in both men and women is probably more common than you think, but there’s no need to suffer or worry alone. T
hese days, thanks to advances in beauty and wellness technology, there are a number of hair loss treatments available at specialist hair loss clinics like Este.
For hair loss, we offer treatments such as -
- FUE Hair Transplant – hair grafts are taken from a fuller area of hair and then grafted on to the transplant area using a sapphire v-shaped blade. Reduced pain, and minimal scarring.
- DHI Hair Transplant – a choi pen is used to graft hair follicles (taken from a donor site) onto the transplant area. Faster than FUE method.
- Laser Hair Growth – Non-invasive, safe, and clinically proven to stimulate hair follicles. Ideal for general thinning, but not extreme hair loss.
- Platelet Rich Plasma – stimulates hair growth using a serum that’s derived from the patient’s own blood.
- Beard Transplant – Using the same principles as the FUE Hair Transplant but done on the face.
- Eyebrow Transplant – FUE Hair Transplant for the eyebrow area.
- Mesotherapy for the hair - Scalp mesotherapy improves the hair quality.
As everyone is unique, the type of hair loss treatment you receive is down to your own specific circumstances. If you’d like a minimally invasive procedure then laser hair treatment for hair loss may be your treatment of choice, for more dramatic results, however, a transplant might be right.
We provide hair loss treatment in the UK and in our sister state-of-the-art clinic in Istanbul.
At Este, we’re experts in helping anyone who is suffering from hair loss, and we’ve treated numerous clients to expert hair loss transformations both in our Turkey and UK clinics. So if you’re looking for hair loss help, make our skilled team of clinicians your first port of call.
Book a Free Consultation
If you’re interested in our hair loss treatments or need some advice on which one will work best for you, then get in touch with your local Este Medical Group clinic and book a free consultation.