Laser eye surgery has been growing in popularity over the last 50 years.
And even though eye laser surgery is a relatively new aesthetic procedure, it was actually way, way back in 1896 when people first realised it was possible to reshape the cornea - and as a result - correct vision.
Thankfully, these days technology is far more advanced than what it was back then, and eye laser surgery is safe, quick, and the results are impressive.
To help you understand all the ins and outs of eye laser surgery, we’ve put together some info about why you should consider this option for your eyes.
What is Laser Eye Surgery?
Laser eye surgery is the permanent correction of any issues with your eyesight with the use of laser. It works by reshaping the protective outer layer of your eye – also known as the cornea.
Once the laser eye surgery procedure has been carried out your eye will be able to focus better and any short-sighted, long-sighted or astigmatism issues will be rectified.
The Pros and Cons of Laser Eye Surgery
There are multiple benefits to receiving laser eye surgery, but it’s true that there are a few laser eye surgery risks too. If you’re wondering, can laser eye surgery go wrong?
Here’s what we found in terms of the good and bad about the procedure:
- You will be free from glasses and contact lenses
- The surgery itself is quick and depending on the severity of the eyesight/ whether both eyes need to be treated, it can even be done within 20 minutes
- Results are quick – laser eye surgery recovery time is just 48 hours
- Is laser eye surgery permanent? For most people, yes, it is
- Is laser eye surgery safe? When carried out by top laser specialists at the best laser eye surgery UK clinics, then laser eye surgery is a very safe procedure
- If you’re over 40, laser eye surgery may not be suitable
- Occasionally clients with high prescriptions may find their vision gets worse over time. If this happens you may need another laser eye procedure
- It’s possible that flaps on the eye that are created during the procedure can get damaged so it’s vital not to rub your eyes and take extra care post-surgery
- You may experience dry eyes for up to three months after your procedure
Does Laser Eye Surgery Work?
The great thing about laser eye surgery in Turkey and UK clinics, is that when it’s carried out by a highly skilled laser eye surgeon, the results are impressive.
According to the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, LASIK laser eye surgery has a 96% satisfaction rate. We think you’ll agree that’s a great result. The difference for clients before and after laser eye surgery is vast.
If you’ve been dealing with poor eyesight for years and want to do something about it, we believe there’s no better option than LASIK laser eye surgery for permanent results.
How Long does Laser Eye Surgery Last?
For the majority of clients, laser eye surgery is a permanent fix for any eyesight issues they’ve been experiencing. However, occasionally some clients do experience a deterioration in their results. If this happens, it may be the case that you’ll need a further procedure.
It’s been said that approximately 5% of LASIK laser eye surgery clients may need a further procedure.
Does Laser Eye Surgery Hurt?
At Este we work hard to ensure all of our clients are comfortable during their procedures. With laser eye surgery, you will be given anaesthetic drops prior to the treatment. These drops then numb the eye so that the therapy can be carried out.
Most of our clients report that there is no pain. However you may feel a bit of pressure during the surgery. This is short lived, and we’re confident that the benefits far outweigh this minor inconvenience.
How long does Laser Eye Surgery take?
How long surgery takes depends on factors such as whether both eyes need treating, and how high your prescription is. When you book in for your consultation we will be able to discuss this with you.
If you’re worried about the procedure, rest assured that the actual laser element of the treatment is incredibly quick. Most of the time is taken up with pre-surgery prep.
Book a Free Consultation at your Nearest UK Clinic
If you’re considering a laser eye surgery procedure and want to know more about what the therapy involves, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at Este.
We’ll be happy to talk you through your options to see whether you’re right for this hugely life-improving treatment.