In this article, we take a look at the ins and outs of veneers and dental implants, so you can be better placed in deciding which procedure is right for you.
First up, let’s take a look at everything to do with dental implants...
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are when a missing tooth is replaced with a metal (titanium) screw that’s inserted into the jaw. This functions as your natural tooth root would. Once this post has been fitted, your dental surgeon will then fit an artificial tooth over the top.
The Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
If you are missing a tooth, or a number of teeth, then dental implants are the option for you. At Este, all of our cosmetic dentistry work happens at our sister clinic in Istanbul. Your dental implants in Turkey will be performed by our highly skilled surgeons who are experts in transforming our clients’ smiles.
If you’re wondering whether to have dental implants or veneers, here are the pros and cons for implants:
- They can last a lifetime – or around 25 years before they’ll need replacing
- They look and function as normal teeth do
- They help to prevent any bone loss
- Implants are great at helping to ensure any neighbouring teeth are kept stable
- They help to keep signs of ageing and sagging facial features at bay
- Are a good method of helping to ensure you stay free of gum disease
And what about the cons?
- They can take a long time to heal
- You may suffer jaw damage
- You could experience an infection
- Nerve damage is possible
- They are expensive – dental implants cost a substantial amount
- They may fail
When you’re considering dental implants or veneers, there are many factors you’ll want to consider. As with any medical procedure there are always potential risks involved. That’s why it’s essential that you choose a company that you have the utmost faith in.
At Este, the surgeons at our sister clinic in Istanbul are among the best in the world and have achieved great success rates with their dental implants.
But maybe an implant isn’t the right option for you. If not, then perhaps a veneer is. Let’s find out more about this option:
What is a Dental Veneer?
A dental veneer is a thin porcelain shell that is fixed to the front of a tooth, or a number of teeth. They are individually made and moulded for each tooth.
Veneers or dental implants are both effective ways of fixing a smile and boosting your confidence, but with veneers you are working from existing teeth, whereas implants are used when a tooth or teeth is/are missing.
The Pros and Cons of Dental Veneers
At Este, our dental veneers are done in Turkey at our sister clinic in Istanbul. Here, our highly-experienced dental surgeons are able to produce exquisite veneers designed just for you, at a fraction of the dental veneer cost in the UK. So, what about the pros -
- Look natural
- Can quickly cover any issues with your teeth such as chips or discolouration
- Boost your confidence
- Are low maintenance
- Can help to prevent potential discolouration
- Require minimal removal of the tooth enamel
And are there any cons?
- They have a lifespan of around 10 years
- Your teeth may become extra sensitive to heat or cold
- If not properly fitted, veneers can move and this may result in tooth decay and/or gum disease
Do Celebrities get Dental Implants or Veneers?
All celebrities want to be ready for their close-up, so it will come as no surprise that many celebrities have decided to have implants and veneers.
Miley Cyrus and Tom Cruise are both rumoured to have had dental implants, while celebs such as Rylan Clark-Neal, George Clooney, and Simon Cowell have all gone down the veneer route.
One thing’s for sure – every single one of these A-Listers boasts a head-turning smile.
If your teeth are in good condition, but you no longer feel like they’re performing on the smile front, then veneers are your best option.
If you’ve lost a tooth or a number of teeth, then implants will be the solution for you. Either way, your smile is your own and whether you decide to treat your teeth with cosmetic dentistry or keep things natural, the decision is entirely up to you.
If you’d like to find out more information about both procedures, please get in touch with the Este team today and we’ll be happy to help you.
March 22, 2023