Skin-safe laser hair removal options are available, but we understand that women and men with sensitive skin or reactive skin types might have reservations about face and body hair removal using laser.
What Characterises Sensitive Skin?
Common signs of sensitive skin include redness, irritation, and an increased tendency to react adversely to environmental or skincare elements. Individuals with sensitive skin often experience discomfort or adverse reactions, such as itching or burning sensations, more easily than those with other skin types.
What Are The Basics Of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a popular method for achieving long-term hair reduction by using concentrated skin-safe laser light to target and destroy pesky hair follicles. The non-invasive process inhibits future hair growth and provides smoother hair-free skin.
Key benefits of laser hair removal include precision in targeting specific areas (e.g., upper lip, underarm, bikini line, legs), efficiency, and long-lasting results. It's a popular choice for individuals seeking a convenient and effective solution for unwanted hair, with treatments typically spaced over several sessions for optimal outcomes.
Opting for permanent laser hair removal is the most effective way to reduce and eliminate unwanted hair on face and body. Laser treatments permanently destroy targeted hair follicles, preventing future hair growth. Here are the key benefits of laser hair removal:
- Permanent results
- Clinically proven
- No downtime
- Long-term results
Este Medical offers customised UK laser hair removal treatments that work:
If you would like to have a free laser hair removal consultation, then send us a message through our website to get started.
Laser Hair Removal For Sensitive Skin Risk Factors
- Irritation Concern: Sensitive skin types may experience increased irritation during laser hair removal.
- Discomfort Sensitivity: Individuals with sensitive skin may be more prone to discomfort during the procedure.
- Post-Treatment Redness: There is an elevated risk of post-treatment redness for those with sensitive skin.
- Risk of Skin Itching or Burning: Reactive skin types may be more susceptible to itching or burning sensations following laser hair removal.
Rest assured, Este Medical has expertise dealing with sensitive skin hair removal, and our exceptional Este client reviews should help to put your mind at ease when it comes to our professional knowhow and ability to provide gentle laser hair removal treatments.
Make an appointment with one of our sensitive skin hair removal specialists to share your concerns and grooming goals.
Tips To Find Best Laser Hair Removal Clinic For Your Special Skin Needs
Understanding the concerns of individuals with sensitive or reactive skin, we empathise with the hesitation that women and men may feel when considering laser hair removal. We are here to assist you in making an informed decision during your search for the best hair removal provider, ensuring that your experience is tailored to your unique skin needs.
How To Choose Laser Hair Removal Clinic Sensitive To Your Needs
- Check online reviews on platforms like Google, TripAdvisor, and Yelp. For cosmetic and health services, Trustpilot is greatly recommended.
- Look at hair removal clinic websites, check they are up-to-date and feature client before-and-after photos. Additionally, look for customer testimonials for a comprehensive evaluation.
- Scroll a clinic's Instagram for before-and-after photos. You can evaluate a clinic's dedication to positive experiences and successful treatment outcomes.
- Connect with a potential laser hair removal clinic by sending a message inquiring about pain management, treatment outcomes, and their approach to addressing skin sensitivity concerns.
Hey, if you’re not already following Este Medical on Instagram, then connect with us to see the variety of hair loss, hair removal, body sculpting, and skin rejuvenating treatments we offer!
Preparing Sensitive Skin For Laser Hair Removal
To ready sensitive skin for laser hair removal, incorporate a gentle pre-treatment skincare routine featuring hydrating and calming products.
Our top tip is to avoid sun exposure before laser hair removal, especially on sensitive skin. This is because the laser targets skin pigment, and if your skin is tanned, it may be mistaken for hair, potentially leading to adverse effects.
Additionally, we recommend a skin patch test before the procedure. A test will most likely involve applying a tiny amount of the laser treatment to a small area of skin to assess potential reactions. It's a standard precautionary measure to ensure your skin will respond well to laser treatment, minimising the risk of adverse reactions during the actual laser hair removal procedure.
For optimal sensitive skin results, we invite you to arrange a free laser hair removal consultation. During an Este Medical constitution we can advise you on the most effective ways to calm and hydrate, plus do a patch test if necessary.
What Does Laser Hair Removal Feel Like For Sensitive Skin?
During a laser hair removal session, you can expect a series of short bursts of laser energy targeting the hair follicles in the treatment area, this burst of energy may cause a mild stinging or snapping sensation (i.e., like an elastic snapping over skin).
In the case of sensitive skin, your skincare provider should do their utmost to minimise discomfort during the treatment session, such as using cooling devices, applying numbing creams, or adjusting the laser settings to ensure a more tolerable experience.
At Este Medical we know the best laser settings for sensitive skin that involve low-irritation hair removal best practices. We offer customised laser treatments for sensitive skin that are non-irritating.
When it comes to pain-free hair removal for sensitive skin, Este Medical Group has your comfort as a top priority. Find an Este Medical clinic near you to book your first soothing laser hair removal session!
Taking Care Of Sensitive Skin After Laser Hair Removal
Common post-treatment laser hair removal aftercare instructions for sensitive skin include:
- Cool Compress: Apply a cool compress or covered ice pack to reduce any lingering discomfort or redness.
- Avoid Hot Water: Hold off on super hot showers, baths, or saunas for a day or two to prevent any irritation.
- Body Hydration: Keep the treated area well-hydrated with a fragrance-free and gentle moisturiser to soothe the skin. An aloe vera gel might be the best natural aftercare to try.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Minimise sun exposure and use sunscreen on the treated area to prevent irritation or hyperpigmentation. We recommend our Este Plus Supreme SPF 50+ sun protection.
- Practise Gentle Skincare: Follow a mild skincare routine, avoiding harsh products or skin exfoliants for a few days post-treatment.
- Avoid Fragrances: Choose fragrance-free products to minimise the risk of skin reactions.
- No Tight Clothing: Wear loose and breathable clothing like cotton to prevent friction and irritation on the treated area.
Always follow the aftercare guidelines provided by your skincare professional for optimal recovery and the best results.
Come To Este Medial For All Your Sensitive Skin Needs, We Will Treat You With The Utmost Care
Este Medical Group is dedicated to providing safe, effective, and personalised procedures across all our hair, body, and skin treatments. Our hair removal experts specialise in tailoring unique treatments to ensure your sensitive skin is respected, creating a calm and relaxed experience throughout your hair removal sessions.
If you require additional sensitive skin hair removal tips, then send us a message now. Let’s get your skincare issues addressed sooner rather than later.
February 6, 2024