These days there are so many options available when it comes to a facelift treatment that it can be hard to decide which option is right for you. Let's look at the pros and cons of each, consider the threads facelift option, and find out more about face lift vs Botox. Let’s go!
What is a Non-Surgical Facelift?
Advances in aesthetic technology mean it’s entirely possible to get a whole new look without even setting eyes on a scalpel. It’s the rise of the non surgical facelift and there are plenty of options to choose from in this category. They are -
We’ll take a look at each of these methods further on in the article and we’ll see if we can decide which one is the best non surgical facelift.
What is a Traditional Facelift?
In contrast with the non-surgical facelift, the traditional facelift is a surgical procedure that involves a surgeon performing incisions on specific points of your face. This could be along the hairline, underneath your chin, and/or in the area surrounding your ears. These incisions mean that the surgeon can then separate your skin from tissue that lies beneath the surface and thus pull both the skin and muscles taut.
The Pros and Cons of a Non-Surgical Facelift
As mentioned, there are multiple ways you can improve the way you look without having to undergo surgery. Let’s explore your options...
- HiFu – non-invasive, suitable for all skin types, zero risk of bleeding, infection, or scarring. Quick and easily tolerated, and will rejuvenate your skin so that it works to produce more collagen and elastin on its own. The results you will get from HiFu are dependent on your own skin’s ability to respond to the treatment. It is best suited to people with mild to medium levels of skin looseness. If your skin is very saggy, HiFu may not be your best option. We can discuss HiFu facelift cost at Este UK when you book for your initial consultation.
- Laser – a laser non surgical facelift is a great way to achieve resurfaced skin, improved collagen production, and long-lasting results. Laser can also help tackle any skin imperfections such as acne scarring and discolouration too. However, with laser, it is possible that your skin will look red for a while afterwards and you will need to ensure you follow proper aftercare and avoid sun exposure.
- Thread Injection Facelift - you’ll enjoy instant results with a thread injection facelift, there’s no downtime involved, and when the effects wear off you can simply have another one. However, thread lift non surgical facelifts are only suitable for clients with minimal skin laxity, and those whose skin isn’t too thin.
- Injectables – Face lift or fillers that is the question! Fillers use hyaluronic acid to plump up the skin to give instant results. They can help stimulate the skin to produce more collagen on its own, they’re a non-surgical option, and they quickly help to fill and smooth out lines and wrinkles and improve the skin’s appearance. However, they are only temporary and the cost of repeated fillers can soon add up. Botox, meanwhile, relaxes muscles to stop creases forming.
The Pros and Cons of a Traditional Facelift
Contrary to what you might think, even a traditional facelift isn’t permanent. As skin ages it will still sag and lose its elasticity, so even if you’ve gone under the knife for a traditional facelift, after time you will still notice your skin losing its firmness. On average, a traditional facelift should last around 10 years.
With a traditional facelift you will benefit from -
- The removal of excess, loose, sagging skin
- Improved volume in the cheeks
- Removal of fat around neck and chin
- Improve the appearance of wrinkles
However, there are certain negative aspects that you may wish to consider too -
- Bleeding and bruising
- Facial nerve damage – which is usually just temporary
- Possible hair loss at the area of incision
- Uneven result
- Long recovery time
At Este, we offer the traditional facelift in our Turkey clinic in Istanbul. So, if you’ve decided that this method of facelift is the one for you, you’ll enjoy treatment from the very best surgeons in Turkey.
The Last Word
These days, finding a single answer to the question, ‘what is a facelift?’ is nigh on impossible. Technology has improved so much in recent years that there’s a near-endless amount of choice when it comes to choosing a facelift treatment. Whether you opt for a traditional or non-surgical facelift is all down to personal preference.
But whichever option you choose, rest assured that the highly-skilled team at Este will be with you every step of the journey when you choose our team to transform your looks.