Ah, the ageing process. Don’t you just love it?! First you’re dealt wrinkles, then you get a little sagging, and hey, why not throw dull skin into the mix too?
Yep, thanks Mother Nature – as if we didn’t have enough to deal with. But wait. If you’re not even 30 and you’re wondering, ‘why is my skin sagging all of a sudden?’ you might be hoping to fix sagging skin due to weight loss.
What are the causes of sagging skin on face and body?
You’ve noticed a change in your appearance. It’s a gradual change, but it’s a change nonetheless. And, as far as you’re concerned, it’s a change for the worse.
If you’re experiencing sagging skin under your chin, or sagging skin on your arms, and you’re wondering why, here are some of the most common reasons…
- The ageing process
- Dramatic weight loss
- Post pregnancy tummy
- Too much sun exposure
How to prevent sagging skin as you age
If you’re keen to keep yourself looking as youthful as possible, there are some things you can do to help keep your skin from going south. If your sagging skin is relatively minor then you should start with including specific exercises to help target it.
Some of the easiest and most effective ways on how to tighten sagging skin on arms in its early stages include –
- Pilates – it helps to strengthen your body’s core as well as your legs, arms and glutes. This will also aid in improving any skin sagging.
- Weight lifting – no, you don’t need to get mega pumped, we’re just talking about the gentle introduction of workouts that include weights. They’ll help increase your muscle mass and firm things up.
If your neck and decolletage are your biggest problem areas, then the best neck exercises for sagging skin are simple and easy to do. Try –
- Yawning and opening your mouth as wide as possible, and slowly closing
- Tilt your head upwards a little and chew
- Move your lower lip so that it sits over your top lip and then gently tilt your head upwards
How to tighten sagging skin on face
Wondering how to firm sagging skin on face? You could try some facial yoga. Do it in the shower and no one will ever know how odd the poses look!
If you’re looking at ways for how to fix sagging under eye skin, you could check out liquid collagen supplements, or look for creams with retinol to help with saggy, droopy under eye bags. It’s also vital to make sure you keep yourself well hydrated and eat a varied, balanced diet in order to give your skin a fighting chance of looking fresh and healthy.
If you feel that your skin is too saggy to respond to simple exercises, creams, or diets, perhaps now’s the time to consider a specialist treatment at Este.
The best treatment for sagging face skin at Este has to be the Vela Shape III. This cutting-edge piece of kit uses a powerful combination of infrared light, radio frequency, and vacuum pressure to deliver amazing skin tightening results that are long lasting. Collagen is boosted, skin is contoured, texture is improved, wrinkles are smoothed, and skin is given everything it needs to help combat the signs of ageing.
Myths about Sagging Skin
There are loads of myths about sagging skin circulating on the internet, and it can be hard not to find yourself getting lured in by them. Some of the most prevalent myths about sagging skin are –
- It’s easy to prevent sagging skin after weight loss. This is simply not true! It’s great that you’ve lost weight, but dealing with saggy skin post weight loss is a real concern for many. To lose weight without sagging skin is hard to achieve – especially if you’ve got a lot of weight to lose. However you can try using skin creams and oils to target saggy skin.
- Sagging skin is just something you have to live with – not true! Thanks to advances in aesthetic treatments you can seriously tackle sagging skin with the likes of the VelaShape III, HiFU, dermal fillers, fat freezing, Emsculpt or a non surgical face lift – all available at Este.
- Taking vitamins will fix my saggy skin – if only it was this simple! OK, so yes, adding vitamins to your diet may help improve your skin’s firmness and elasticity, but they certainly won’t tackle any sagginess on their own.
If you’ve lost weight, are dealing with a post-pregnancy tummy that you’d like to shape up, or you’d like to try and reverse the ageing process, the specialists at Este can help. We have an excellent range of non-invasive treatments available to help deal with sagging skin.
Get in touch with us today to find out how you can start loving the skin you’re in.