Are you and your family sun-aware?
National Sun Awareness Week is a campaign led by The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD). From 3rd - 9th May 2022, it aims to highlight the dangers of exposure to the sun and the importance of SPF.
Sun safety tips
It's important to have the correct sun safety advice to hand.
- Spend time in the shade
- Make sure you never burn
- Cover up with suitable clothing and sunglasses
- Take extra care with children
- Use at least factor 30 sunscreen
5 myths about sun exposure
- People with dark skin don’t need to wear sun cream
- Tanning is always safe as long as you don’t burn
- You can only burn in summer or when the weather’s warm
- You can’t burn through glass
- Sunbeds are safer than exposure to the sun