For some people, wrinkles are a badge of honour, proof you have led a full and productive life. But for most people, skin wrinkles are a sign of old age, and a decline in vitality and skin health. However, with medical advances in skincare products and anti-ageing skin treatments, there are many methods to prevent and reduce wrinkles on the face and neck.
What Is Best Treatment For Wrinkles?
If you are not ready to consider a surgical facelift, then there are an abundance of non-surgical treatments to reduce lines on the face and neck, as well as improve the look of lines, and remove wrinkles.
Here’s a list of ways you can get rid of wrinkles, or at least help prevent them! The sooner you start anti-wrinkle treatments and modify your lifestyle, the sooner you can see results (e.g., fewer lines and skin folds on your neck and face).
These skin-safe treatments and anti-wrinkle skincare tips are for all genders.
- Have regular microneedling and radiofrequency treatments to increase collagen production (i.e., skin tightening treatment; see skin laxity)
- Try dermal fillers boosted with hyaluronic acid (skin-safe moisture treatment)
- Invest in a Morpheus8 smooth skin treatment (smooth skin is wrinkle-free skin!)
- Use SPF skincare daily to protect skin from sun damage (we recommend our Este Plus Supreme SPF 50+ and Este Plus Deluxe Anti-Ageing Serum)
- Have monthly facial treatments, like HydraFacial, that massage and stimulate blood circulation to the skin’s surface
- Face yoga to strengthen and tone facial muscles
- Use a moisturising face and neck lotion or cream for your skin type
- Limit your sugar intake
- Sleep on your back
- Drink enough water daily
- Stop smoking
What Causes Wrinkles?
You can celebrate your facial wrinkles, or you can fight them, whatever you choose to do, it is helpful to remember that the skin on your neck and face is delicate and needs special attention all through your lifetime.
Being mindful of what causes wrinkles can help you prevent fine lines and wrinkles, and later on in life having knowledge of anti-ageing skincare can help you maintain optimal skin health.
The various causes of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin include the following:
- Sun exposure is biggest cause of skin wrinkling (see sun damage)
- As you age your skin becomes less elastic
- A decrease in natural skin oils as you get older
- Fat in deep skin layers diminishes
- Poor diet (e.g., too much sugar!) and Vitamin B deficiency
- Slow skin cell production
- Thinning skin layers
- Lack of collagen in the skin
- Some medications
- Genetic factors
When it comes to anti-ageing wrinkle treatments and preventative treatments, we advise our male and female clients to first undergo a skin assessment to best determine which anti-wrinkle treatment is most suitable. Find an Este Medical UK clinic near you and book an appointment.
What Is The Best Thing For Wrinkles?
The best thing for wrinkles is starting to care for, and protect your skin, at a young age. Men and women can start showing fine face lines as early as their mid-20s, especially if the skin has had extensive exposure to the sun or tanning beds. The most noticeable areas for wrinkles are on the face, neck, and hands.
Even in your 30s you can start to experience visible wrinkles and skin folds as your skin becomes drier and less elastic, and your body slows down collagen production. By the time you are entering your 40s, you are asking: How can you reverse wrinkles!
You don’t have to wait until deep wrinkles take hold to take preventative measures to slow the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Make an appointment with an Este Medical skincare expert to discuss your expectations and how to remove wrinkles from face quickly with proven wrinkle treatments. We have several effective treatments that can get you ready for a big life event wrinkle-free!
Consider having professional non-invasive skincare treatments to tighten the skin (smoothing the appearance of wrinkles and also lifting the skin to reduce sagging skin on the neck), and skin-safe anti-ageing injections like Botox to prevent deeper frown lines and smile lines from dominating your appearance.
Does Moisturising Prevent Wrinkles?
Many people think that a massive amount of moisturising will get rid of wrinkles. Moisturising is not a cure for wrinkles, but regular moisturising will certainly help the situation, as high quality moisturisers help act as a barrier to your skin’s water loss, and they help with the replacement of skin lipids and other compounds. They are effective in treating finer lines on the face and neck, as a good lotion or cream moisturiser will help to plump the skin and make it feel softer and look smoother.
We highly recommend that your daily moisturiser contains a SPF factor of 30 or higher. The combination of using SPF with a quality moisturiser will help slow wrinkles and help to prevent further sun damage.
How To Reduce Wrinkles Non-Surgically
Let’s recap what we already know to prevent and remove wrinkles for face:
- Use SPF sun protection on a daily basis (don’t forget your neck)
- Drink sugar-free beverages (increase water intake!) and eat a whole foods diet (e.g., fish, poultry, legumes, eggs, seeds, dairy, and leafy greens)
- Find a way to reduce smoking and alcohol consumption
- Try a face yoga tutorial on TikTok or YouTube
- Boost your skin’s collagen production with professional microneedling and RF energy skincare treatments like HiFU, Scarlet RF, or Morpheus8
- Plump up your skin with skin-safe hyaluronic acid dermal filler treatments
- Stimulate blood flow and oxygenate your skin with regular HydraFacial treatments, an ideal treatment to start in your 20s to prevent fine lines and wrinkles
We All Get Older, But Este Medical Has The Expertise To Roll Back Time!
Este Medical has many effective treatments to remove wrinkles on your face and neck: address sagging jowls, smile lines, skin laxity, and sun damage — all of which are culprits in your fight to age with grace and dignity. We can help you turn back time with proven radiofrequency, ultrasound, microneedling, and skin tightening anti-wrinkle treatments. All you need to do is send us a message through our website to book an anti-ageing Este Medical skin consultation.
July 25, 2023