If you’re struggling with female pattern hair loss and you want to know how to deal with female pattern baldness, then we’re here to tell you you’re not alone, and there are things you can do that will help.
What are the Types of Hair Loss in Women?
There are three types of hair loss in women. They are -
- Anagen Effluvium – this occurs when the growing hair follicles are poisoned by certain medication – such as chemotherapy
- Telogen Effluvium – this happens when a larger number of hair follicles than usual reach the telogen phase at the same time. This is the shedding phase of hair growth
- Androgenetic Alopecia – this is the most common form of hair loss in women and it’s when hair thins on the top and sides of the head. It’s also called female pattern alopecia and FPHL – female pattern hair loss
Causes of Hair Loss in Women
It’s not just men who suffer from hair loss, female pattern baldness and alopecia is something many women have to deal with too. And hair loss affects everyone – even celebrities – just take a look at the beautiful Jada Pinkett Smith.
The cause of hair loss in women can be down to many factors. You could lose hair because of -
- Your hereditary makeup
- As a reaction to certain medication
- Styling your hair in certain tight hairstyles that causes excess strain on your hair
- Fluctuating hormones
- As a result of radiation therapy
As you can see, hair loss causes in women are many. Although you might find losing your hair a difficult experience, take comfort in knowing that you are not alone and many women go through it. Fortunately, treatment for female hair loss has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years and there are lots of options for you to try.
Hair Loss Treatment for Women
At Este, women’s hair loss treatment is one of our most popular requests. We are able to offer four methods of treatment to deal with hair loss in women. They are -
- Hair Transplant FUE – FUE is the most successful hair transplant technique and at Este we use the sapphire blade. This procedure is carried out at our state-of-the-art sister clinic in Istanbul, with aftercare in the UK
- Laser Hair Regrowth for Women - safe, non-invasive stimulating laser hair treatment ideal if you’re experiencing general thinning of the hair. Not suitable for extreme hair loss
- Hair Transplant DHI – this female hair loss treatment uses a pen implantation device to increase hair density where it’s needed. This procedure is carried out at our sister clinic in Istanbul
- Mesotherapy Hair – a female hair loss treatment in the UK that involves microinjections of active ingredients being injected into the mesoderm (middle layer of the skin). It works to halt hair loss and stimulate new growth
Female Before and After Hair Loss Treatment Results
Can you Stop Female Pattern Baldness?
If you’re searching for a female pattern baldness treatment that gets to work before your condition worsens then you might be interested in a hair lotion that contains minoxidil. It’s available without prescription and can be used to promote thicker hair and put a stop to any balding and hair loss that you may be experiencing.
If you’re worried about developing female pattern hair loss, then you can try avoiding -
- Excessively tight hairstyles
- Steering clear of chemically treating and/or bleaching your hair
- Using a gentle, soft hair brush made of natural fibres
- Don’t use heated hairstyling tools
Is Hair Loss Always Permanent?
It can be hard to see your hair fall out, or thin over time, but it’s not necessarily something you’ll have to put up with forever. If you’re experiencing hair loss caused by anagen and telogen shedding then there’s a chance this could stop over time. If you’re dealing with alopecia, try and tackle it early as this may help curb the spread, and potentially bolster new growth.
Hair loss may also be associated with an underlying hair condition, so if you’re concerned – get yourself checked out by your GP. Treating the underlying cause will then hopefully have a beneficial impact on your hair loss.
If you’re still struggling with female pattern baldness and you’re looking for the latest cutting-edge treatment in tackling it, give Este a call. You’ll find the best hair loss technology here and we’re always happy to advise.