Is Body Fat Freezing The Right Choice For You?
Cryolipolysis is also known as fat freezing. It is a non-surgical way to get rid of fat. The treatment reduces fat deposits by using freezing temperatures. It targets fat deposits or bulges that won't disappear with diet and exercise. This treatment is also known as Cool Sculpting. Let's learn more about this treatment.
Body Parts that fat freezing can treat
The Food and Drug Administration states that Fat freezing can be used to treat:
- Fat deposits under the chin
- Upper arms
The treatment can also be used to treat your lower back or buttocks.
How does this fat freezing in London work?
A skin-marking pencil is used to determine the size of fat deposits and draw them out. The best part is that the patient remains awake during the entire procedure.
A handheld device is typically used to freeze the fat cells beneath your skin. A gel pad is applied to the targeted area before the treatment begins. The next step is to vacuum or suction the fat bulge into the hollow opening.
You may feel a tugging sensation such as cramping or aching after applying suction. The area will numb after a few minutes, and the fat layer will cool down.
You will need to wait approximately an hour for treatment in one area.
How does this destroy fat cells?
This technique states that fat cells are more susceptible to being damaged by cold temperatures. Cold temperatures cause damage to fat cells and trigger an inflammatory response which causes fat cells to die.
Multiple studies have shown that fat can be reduced by up to 28% four months after the first session. You may need to wait at least three weeks before seeing any noticeable results. You may need to wait around two months for dramatic improvements.
The Advantages of Cryolipolysis
Below are some main benefits of cryolipolysis.
- There is no need for a surgical incision
- There is no risk of infection
- There is no need to be admitted to a hospital to receive treatment
- There is no need to anaesthetise before the procedure
- You can treat multiple areas in one session.
- After the procedure, you don't need to go to bed.
- There is no age limit on the procedure.
- There is no risk to your nerve fibres, blood vessels, muscles or blood vessels.
- Permanently eliminate fat cells permanently
- Increased self-esteem following the procedure
This was a short introduction to fat freezing or cryolipolysis. You may now better understand the treatment and how it can help you. Book your consultation with our expert team in London.