These days, there are multiple treatments you can try in order to address loose skin. Whether you’re wondering how to tighten loose skin on your stomach, or you’d like to know how to tighten inner thighs loose skin, there’s a range of procedures available to you.
Is it Possible to Tighten Loose Skin without Surgery?
Thanks to some serious advances in aesthetic technology, yes you can tighten loose skin without surgery. Some of the options available to you at Este include:
- The VelaShape III – tackles cellulite, can reduce thigh circumference and help contour other body areas you’d like smoothing
- HiFU – High Intensity Focussed Ultrasound can be used for body contouring on the stomach, bum, arms, and legs
- Dermal Fillers – great to smooth out skin in the decolletage, jowl, or cheek areas
- Fat Freezing – can be used to help shift stubborn areas of fat so you gain a sleeker, more defined appearance
- Non surgical facelift – carried out either using the RF scarlet device or HiFU
- Emsculpt – a non-invasive treatment that builds muscle and reduces fat and helps create a more defined silhouette
How to Tighten Loose Skin?
Loose skin can appear anywhere on the body, so which treatment is right for you depends on the area you’d like treated. If, for instance, you’re looking into how to tighten loose skin on the stomach without surgery, then we may recommend the HiFU or Emsculpt treatments.
If you’re more focused on your facial area and are asking, can you tighten loose neck skin without surgery, then it’s likely that you’ll be looking at our non surgical facelift using the RF scarlet device or HiFU, or you could even try dermal fillers. Dermal fillers work to plump and smooth the skin from within, so if you’ve lost definition in your cheek or jowl area, they can be used to add volume.
Things you can do to Tighten Loose Skin
If you’re considering treatments to tighten your loose skin but you haven’t yet tried some at home ideas, you could give your skin a helping hand by -
- Exercising – we're often asked, ‘does loose skin tighten with exercise’ and we know that it can certainly help. Try a combination of crunches, body bridges, and pelvic thrusts to help shift excess skin. You’ll need to be dedicated though – you won’t see a difference overnight
- Use a retinol on your face and neck to help smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and help tone and firm up your skin
- Try collagen supplements to give your skin an added boost from within
- Drink water – we know it sounds simple but when your skin is dehydrated it can often make you look and feel much older than you really are
Trying these ideas out at home make for a great starting point. However, if you’ve got a large amount of excess skin that you want to tighten you may find it difficult to achieve the results you desire purely through at-home methods.
At Este, we understand that excessive loose skin isn’t just down to wanting to look good, it can also be down to feeling good. If you’ve lost a large amount of weight and are now suffering with loose skin it could be making you feel uncomfortable and even affecting what clothes you choose to wear.
Instead of simply putting up with it, one of our advanced skin tightening treatments could help solve your problem and give you a new lease of life.
Will Loose Skin Tighten?
Will loose skin eventually tighten is down to a number of factors – how much effort you put in, how much loose skin you want to tighten, and your skin’s ability to ‘ping back’. If, for instance, you’ve given birth and you’re wondering why your tummy hasn’t shrunk back to its pre-pregnancy state, while your friend’s has, it may be down to genes.
Some people’s skin weathers storms better than others and that’s simply a fact of life. If you’re fed up of feeling like your loose skin will never tighten and it’s seriously getting you down, then a treatment may be the right course of action for you.
Whatever your reasons for wondering how to tighten loose skin, the team at Este can help. At your initial consultation, we’ll talk you through all of the available options depending on your own specific circumstances. You’ll also be able to see what sort of thing you can expect to achieve from our before and after pics. Your journey to getting your body back starts now!
Book a Free Consultation
Let us help you feel and look like the best version of yourself. Get in touch today for your free consultation at your nearest UK clinic or find out more on our website.