Cellulite is a condition most people dread getting or having on their bodies. Women tend to experience cellulite more often than men, and most cellulite is concentrated on the thighs, buttocks, and tummy area.
10 Ways to Fight Back Against Cellulite
There are a variety of treatments for cellulite, including professional clinic treatments (i.e., skin tightening and body contouring) and lifestyle remedies you can try at home.
Anti-Cellulite Home Remedies
There is strong anecdotal evidence, as well as clinical data, that supports a variety of at-home cellulite remedies that actually work. Let’s find out what seems to be working in the war against cellulite!
- Increase water intake: in the case of water cellulite, improved hydration and drinking more water will help to get rid of excess fat cells and flush out toxins. As a rule, hydrated skin is more supple and elastic.
- Healthy food diet: consume more fibre and raw foods. Those empty carbs found in white bread, sugary treats and drinks add calories, which lead to fat, particularly in cellulite-prone areas like the thighs and stomach.
- Quit smoking: this bad habit affects the body’s blood supply to the skin, and as a result, skin can get thinner making cellulite more visible.
- Exercises that tone: Having more muscle (and less fat) can help make your skin look smoother. By replacing fat with muscle, the look of cellulite may be less noticeable.
- Weight loss: unfortunately, extra weight can make cellulite more visible. Losing body fat and maintaining a healthy weight may reduce the look of cellulite. Beware that yo-yo dieting can make cellulite look worse.
- Massage: daily massage will help improve blood flow and purge excess fluid, which may make cellulite dimples less noticeable. Try using a foam roller at home, or use an exfoliating shower mitt on cellulite-prone areas like the thighs and tummy to boost circulation.
- Dry brushing: skin brushing can help stimulate blood flow, which is good for skin circulation and lymphatic drainage. You should dry brush cellulite-prone areas at least two to three times a week.
- Skin products: for example, products containing caffeine may dehydrate cells, which can make cellulite less obvious. As well, skin products that contain 0.3% retinol may also have some effect on diminishing cellulite. This is something you may need to experiment with, and with topical skincare products like creams and lotions you will need to apply the product daily, and be mindful that results might take several months. Another thing you can try to camouflage cellulite with is a self-tanner or tanning spray, as dimpled areas of cellulite can be less noticeable on darker skin.
Our Professional Cellulite Treatment UK!
Body contouring, skin firming and tightening treatments are an excellent way to address problem cellulite. If you want to get rid of that bumpy “cottage cheese” texture on your butt and legs then combining at-home cellulite remedies with regular anti-cellulite clinical treatments is the best way to reach your skincare goals.
At Este Medical in the UK we have two effective and proven cellulite treatments to smooth and improve your skin texture.
This is the latest technology in cellulite reduction. The VelaShape III body contouring machine uses a combination of infrared light, radio frequency, and vacuum pressure to improve skin texture.
This treatment delivers skin tightening and fat reduction all in one procedure. This treatment technology is safe, non-surgical, non-invasive, and literally painless.
The HiFU treatment involves high-intensity focused ultrasound through the ULTRAFORMER III machine. This treatment is ideal for women and men who want to lift and tighten areas of skin as well as body contour.
As with the VelaShape, our Este HiFU cellulite treatments are skin-safe, non-surgical, non-invasive, and pain-free.
We Are Here For You!
Send us a message through our website to book your first Este Medical UK cellulite treatment.
And while we are on the subject of unwanted cellulite, wanting to eliminate cellulite often goes hand-in-hand with improving the look of stretch marks — when you book your Este UK skincare consultation ask about effective treatments to get rid of unwanted stretch marks too!
What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite has a distinctive appearance, think of the surface of an orange peel — skin with cellulite beneath its surface looks puckered and dimpled (e.g., orange-peel skin). Most people consider this look unattractive and try to hide it with loose clothing.
Cellulite is the result of collections of fat cells that push against the connective tissue beneath the skin, this is what causes a lumpy and uneven texture.
When seeking professional treatment for cellulite it’s helpful if the type of cellulite you are experiencing can be identified.
- Fatty cellulite (adipose cellulite) is the most common type; it can be caused by excess fat storage. It most commonly shows up on the thighs and buttocks. You can tell you have this type of cellulite when you pinch your skin and you see an obvious orange peel-like surface texture.
- Water cellulite (aqueous cellulite) can be caused by disturbances in the body's water balance and is often linked to water retention. Water cellulite is often experienced by slim people with very dry skin.
What Causes Cellulite?
Fat cell overcrowding is the most common cause, as well as water retention. How much cellulite you have is also dependent on your skin thickness, hormonal factors (e.g., pregnancy, menopause), genetics, and body fat. Cellulite is also more common with ageing, as with age our skin loses elasticity.
Having unwanted cellulite at any age is no fun, and most women and men with cellulite think that there is no way to get rid of it. A common question people with cellulite ask is: Do any cellulite treatments really work? The answer is “yes”, cellulite treatments do work!
Another worry is: How long does cellulite treatment last? The answer is no cellulite reduction treatment is permanent; however, many treatments can achieve results that last a year or longer.
Anti-cellulite remedies and professional treatments do work, but you have to be diligent with your at-home treatments and maintain a healthy lifestyle and body weight. To keep cellulite at bay you will need to continuously treat your problem cellulite.
Book an anti-cellulite consultation to find out which cosmetic clinic treatment for cellulite suits your cellulite condition.
Let us help you determine the best treatment for cellulite to help you reach your beauty goals!
March 23, 2023